Jan 3, 2009

XBMC - Blue Tooth Keyboard (part 2)

The next thing for my XBMC setup was to control it from the Blue Tooth keyboard I bought for a purpose a looong time ago. The keyboard is Logitech MediaBoard Pro (intended for PS3, but who cares).

My EEE Box does not have a Blue Tooth built in. I had a USB Blue Tooth dongle (BlueTake BT00009X) I used a long time ago and thought I give it a shot. On my great surprise the dongle worked on inserting it into USB slot. No any configuration necessary.

I had to ssh into XBMC machine to do next steps. The great way to find an IP address to ssh into is to look into your routers connected device - the XBMC is there as XBMCLive, or to go to the XBMC and through an USB keybord dig the IP address in an XBMC interface.

Following steps are best described in this article: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BluetoothSetup

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, I`m trying to connect my Bluetooth Keyboard into XBMC Live, but I Can't. Can you help me?

Unknown said...

Hi Andre,

I am not sure if I can. The issue is between your BT keyboard and your OS. Fortunately enough I had no prob with my BT USB dongle under the Ubuntu. Then I just let OS search for the BT keyboard and it was it....