Sep 8, 2009

Buying software

Well, I want to have my software legal. So I was buying Adobe CS4. I decided for Premiere Premium Edition. I started looking for the prices. I wanted to support local reseller (fighting the crisis), so I looked up the price at local Adobe reseller. Well the price for the package was 1900 Euro (2717 USD) in sale. I then checked Adobe store for the price 1188 Euro (1699 USD). I still wasn't satisfied so I went shopping at pricegrabber.com and came up with a reseller price of 520 Euro (744 USD).

Well I am not sure of Adobe's sales policy and I am not sure why local sellers don't fight for better prices with Adobe. The story is the same as with the Apple. For the price of one license I can have three from the USA seller. With that high price local companies are not motivated to buy legal software. They usually don't look for better prices overseas.

I am definitely happy I am not the Adobe shareholder. If I am, I had to ask board of directors, why they don't do something to penetrate more into overseas markets and why they set the software price so high.

And I wonder why local resellers don't push Adobe to change the pricing policy. I bought the package overseas of course, so they actually lost my business.

No comments: